Home Buying Essentials For Newly Married Couples
Marriage is a life changing decision for anyone.
No matter whether you had planned for it for long or it happened in a jiffy, life will surely throw unexpected challenges at you after you take the plunge. Finding and doing up your first home is one of the biggest tests you would face!
We shall try to help you with a few quick and simple tips; hopefully this makes your struggle a little bearable.
- 1. Don’t rush: Buying home is not buying a bag of chips! Even if you are married now and would need to take quick calls, home buying decision shouldn’t be taken in hurry. A wrong home or an unsuitable neighborhood will plague your family for years or even decades. Set your priorities right; a bigger home or a better location, connectivity or better amenities and like. Consider your future family expansion planning so that your compact 1 BHK doesn’t fall short when you become parent a year after
- 2. Do your research: A proper research is of utmost importance when it comes to buying a property. Real Estate developers don’t really enjoy a good reputation for delivering homes within promised timeline. This research should include the information about the properties in question; both internal floor layout-space as well as external amenities. In addition, research on the neighborhood such as proximity to local schools, hospitals, business centers etc should also be done thoroughly
- 4. Find a trustworthy agent: Whether you decide to go via an agent or any online portal, checking the reliability and track-record of your agent is a must. Sometimes, choosing a traditional real estate agent can be proven to be beneficial. Real estate agents may have knowledge about the area that you may not have; also they can negotiate a better price on your behalf. In absence of a trusted agent, you may want to explore the modern ways of choosing your home such as property listing portals
- 4. Paperwork: Lease and license agreement is an accepted address-proof document and is going to be really helpful in case of bank transactions/official processes. Don’t compromise on this one and do insist for a valid registration process. You can save time by doing it online as well (in cities like Mumbai)
- 5. Financial planning: Last but not the least, planning your finance is an absolute necessity. Marriage brings a lot of additional expenses; you may feel the pinch immediately. Don’t let your worries go up by adding further factors such as unplanned home loan or wrong repayment plans. This planning you should be on top of your priority list and should start long before you decide to tie the knot. Choose a loan which is correct for you. There have been a lot of changes in policies, income tax mandates in recent times, so do your research properly and see how you can avail of only the best option. Don’t hesitate to consult an expert in case you are not aware or lack information.
So, plan ahead, do your ground work right and enjoy worry free marital life.
Welcome to your happily-ever-after home!
Authored by 9amstories.com Editorial